Narayan Seva Sansthan, a nonprofit organization (NGO) organizes mass wedding ceremonies for the underprivileged and differently-abled that have undergone corrective surgeries in Narayan Seva Sansthan aims to break the perception of the society towards the wedding of the differently-abled. The NGO has organized 34 Mass Wedding Ceremonies since its establishment and more than 2098 differently-abled couples were married.
Finding love or a life partner is one of the biggest challenges for a physically disabled person in India. It’s very difficult for physically disabled people to get married in India and almost negligible and those that are there also do not help handicapped people get married in India. A handicapped person can be facing physical immobility, visual impairment, and even hearing impairment in some cases. A person could become handicapped due to any reason, but this should not affect their ability to find love or a life partner.
Narayan Seva Sansthan aims at eradicating the challenges faced by the differently-abled people to find life partners who can understand their thoughts, viewpoints, lifestyles, and ready to spend complete life with each other. They also provide vocational training to differently-abled married couples and recruited a few couples by offering those jobs that fit their capacities, making them financially independent and employable.
The nonprofit organizations (NGO) also takes steps to arrange meetings for the differently-abled person and help them to know each other better. It is a platform where every individual has equal opportunities to choose their life partners and combine two families.
Benefits of Mass Weddings:
1) To elevate differently-abled individuals to become fully-functioning members of society.
2) To provide them an accessible atmosphere for a normal life.
3) To bring together the entire society for their inspiration.
4) To bring positive goals with the beginning of the new chapter in their lives.
5) To celebrate the happiness of togetherness irrespective of caste, creed, color, and ability.
Divyang Wedding has the presence of all the people associated with Narayan Seva Sansthan and the families of the bride and groom.
· The ceremony starts with a prayer offering to Lord Ganesha by all the people present for the ceremony.
· All the brides and grooms are dressed in bridal wear that has been sponsored by Narayan Seva Sansthan.
· Various Artists perform like cultural dance and music before the wedding.
· All the bride and grooms are given the opportunity for a ramp walk at the stage in front of the audience.
· After the entertainment session, the Mehandi Ceremony starts and all the brides have a photography session with their hands filled with beautiful Mehandi designs.
· Varmala ceremony takes place for every couple at the center of the stage with the entire crowd cheering for them.
· Wedding of every couple with their families starts together.
· The couples are departed with a beautiful ride from the venue to start their new life.
Some of the successful couples like RamuKumari and Ganpat from Pratapgarh, both of whom suffered from polio and had lost their fathers, were hopeful that their marriage would initiate a new phase of their lives.
The celebration of Divyang Mass Wedding is not only having a ceremony but providing a platform for the differently-abled people to start their new life in mainstream society.
Narayan Seva Sansthan Seva Dham Seva Nagar, Hiran Magri, Sector -4, Udaipur (Rajasthan) - 313001 INDIA
We have updated our donation process. For our existing donors need not fill any registration form please get your login details by clicking the follwing link: