Shree Krishna was born to free the earth from evils and sufferings. He was a Avatar of Lord Vishnu and entitled to destroy the negative powers of demons on the face of earth. It is believed that he was born on the 8th day of Krishna Paksha in Shravana month according to Hindu calendar.
When a confused Arjuna turned to his charioteer, Lord Krishna, for advice at the Kurukshetra, Lord Krishna stated some rational philosophical concepts that are relevant even today.
Bhagavad Gita is an epic scripture that has the answers to all our problems. It was considered a spiritual dictionary by Mahatma Gandhi and was a book of inspiration for many leaders of the Independence movement. Take a look at some of these Bhagavad Gita lessons you can use to bring your life back on the right track.
This Janamshtmi let’s recall the wisdom our Lord Krishna tried to instill in Arjuna through Bhagwat Gita.
1. “Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is!”
2. “Neither in this world nor elsewhere is there any happiness in store for him who always doubts.”
3. “The wise man lets go of all results, whether good or bad and is focused on the action alone.”
4. “A man’s own self is his friend. A man’s own self is his foe.”
5. “You have the right to work, but never to the fruit of the work. You should never engage in action for the sake of Reward, nor should you long for Inaction.”
6. “No one who does good work will ever come to a bad end, either here or in the world to come”
7. “Curving back within myself I create again and again.”
8. “We behold what we are, and we are what we behold.”
9. "It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection."
10. "The power of God is with you at all times; through the activities of mind, senses, breathing, and emotions; and is constantly doing all the work using you as a mere instrument."
The teachings of Lord Krishna give us the message that common mortals should transcend above the worldly affairs and earthly desires. We should not feel bound in the shackles of anger, attachments, greed, pain and sufferings.
Janamshtmi is celebrated to destroy the evil and re- establish the Truth and Dharma.
This sacred festival brings people together, encourages faith on the almighty and fighting for the Justice.
May Lord shower his divine blessings on you and your loved ones.
Jai Shree Krishna!
Narayan Seva Sansthan Seva Dham Seva Nagar, Hiran Magri, Sector -4, Udaipur (Rajasthan) - 313001 INDIA
We have updated our donation process. For our existing donors need not fill any registration form please get your login details by clicking the follwing link: