In today’s fast-paced world, everyone is running for a better and successful life. They are fighting for more money, more fame, and more reputation. They are always working hard to make their lives and the lives of the people who depend on them a little bit better than what it currently is. But in this race of life, they do not often get the time to do social service or help someone personally, so they tend to Donate money to NGO that is used to help the people in need. As Abraham Lincoln once said “Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out. It will wear well and will be remembered long after the prism of politeness or the complexion of courtesy has faded away.”
So, let us learn about the various reasons Why people donate money to an NGO:-
1. Human beings are social people. They take care of each other and like it very much when someone extends their help to them in the time of need. So, when they find someone who they care about, in need of help, they gladly help them, without expecting any kind of a favour in return.
2. Face value is an especially important thing in this modern world. People tend to trust people who have a clean image and publicly acceptable. So, when such a person appeals for help, people tend to open their arms without giving it a second thought. For example, if Shah Rukh Khan endorses an NGO, it is sure to get more help than the NGO he does not endorse.
3. In childhood, we had learned a proverb, “Charity begins at home”. This is a particularly important lesson in everyone’s life. People are more eager to extend their helping hand to a local brand whose work they can easily monitor, so, they trust it much more easily and donate money to an NGO near them, than a huge international NGO whose work is much more diversified.
4. People tend to be more sympathetic to the people with whom they can relate. They understand their problems more easily and can relate to their issues. This is why people donate money to NGOs whose work has a positive impact on the people who are similar to them.
5. There are plenty of philanthropists around the face of the Earth who donate money to NGOs, their time, their skills, and their experiences to the common folks. They feel that they have earned plenty for themselves and their family and considers other humans as their extended family and so, help them generously. Azim Premji, the Chairman of Wipro Limited is one such person who is among the top philanthropists in the world.
6. This life is not easy. Everyone has to struggle to make a name in this world. Everyone has to go through the hard times to enjoy the fruits of their success. So, when such people reach a stage when they realize that they can help some people who are going through the same phase and can help to reduce their struggles a little, they tend to open their arms.
7. There are very few people in the world around us who do not want their names to be associated with something good. Everyone wants fame, everyone wants the affection of the public and to be considered a role model or a Leader among the common masses.
8. When a person is given the tag of a Leader, he is considered to be an important part of society. Their views are acknowledged and valued. The words are considered to be golden and people tend to respect his opinions. This gives him a feeling of importance.
9. A good person always looks to surround himself with other people who are also of a similar mindset. By doing so, they enrich their opinions and constantly keeps him involved with the good of the community.
10. Humans are emotional people. They tend to attach themselves with the project which has a good back story which makes them emotional as it pulls on their heartstrings. They start to feel like a part of that story and helps it with all his heart.
11. As I said before, humans are social animals. They either look up to people who they consider to be their heroes, or they like to rise to a podium which is respected by everyone else. They tend to become a trendsetter and so they donate generously.
12. No one in this world likes the idea of giving up a big sum of their income to the government as taxes. Everyone feels a bit disappointed at this notion. So, people often see donations as the perfect way to give money which can create a visible change, which also acts as a tax saver.
13. Each person is unique. They have a particular set of beliefs, they have different ideas about different things, and this individuality is what makes humans such an interesting animal. So, when they find that their beliefs are similar to an NGO project, they become attached to it and tend to help that noble cause.
14. Not every NGO can be similarly efficient as others. Some work more diligently than others. This difference is taken into consideration by the donor and so he chooses the project which is more transparent and competent.
15. The donors who give money to the project should be given satisfaction. If he is aware of the functioning of the project, if he sees that the project has a long term and sustainable future, it is sure to have a positive impact on him.
At Narayan Seva Sansthan, our goals are always aligned, and we strive to serve maximum people. Every Sadhak at NSS works diligently to help us achieve the goal of social help. And with the grace of Almighty and your valuable online donation, we are able to Serve Humanity in a much efficient way.
Narayan Seva Sansthan Seva Dham Seva Nagar, Hiran Magri, Sector -4, Udaipur (Rajasthan) - 313001 INDIA
We have updated our donation process. For our existing donors need not fill any registration form please get your login details by clicking the follwing link: